Michelle Gottlieb, PsyD, MFT, LPCC is an experienced clinician with over twenty years of private practice, currently in Fullerton, California, specializing in complex trauma and chronic pain/illness. She is also adjunct faculty at California State University, Fullerton in the counseling department, graduate division, for ten years with exemplary reviews. Dr. Gottlieb has been facilitating and handling logistics for EMDR HAP/Trauma Recovery and the EMDR Institute for three years, as well as organizing the largest training ever for EMDR HAP/Trauma Recovery. Michelle has also been invited to be a Trainer Candidate for EMDR HAP/Trauma Recovery.
Deborah Silveria, PhD, is a licensed psychologist and LMFT. She works at the Amen Clinics in Costa Mesa, California where she specializes in complex trauma. She has been practicing EMDR since 1996 and has traveled to areas providing EMDR after disasters (Haiti, San Bernardino terrorist attacks). Dr. Silveria is a Trainer for EMDR Trauma Recovery Network and a facilitator for the EMDR Institute. She is also an Approved Instructor in Critical Incident Stress Management for the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation. She is the EMDR consultant and program coordinator for a week-long retreat for first responders with PTSD.
Notes Pages and Handouts
You've Finished the Course! Now What?
Quiz and CE Certificate from CE-Classes.com
What to Do When "Go with That" Does not Work
- 2.5 hours of video content
- OnDemand Course
It's easy to get started!
Go to Course Enrollment below and start the checkout process.
EMDR Professional Training™ Members: Find your coupon code in your Membership course > Discounts and Deals. Then, enroll now and enter the coupon code for this course when prompted. Complete your enrollment at your Membership price.
Regular enrollment: Enroll now and complete at the regular enrollment price.
Have a Coupon? Enroll now and enter the coupon code when prompted. Coupon codes are not case sensitive.
- Access to exclusive videos and resources
- Private discussions and opportunities to consult with our training team
- Monthly study groups with Dr. Curt Rouanzoin
and Dr. Michelle Gottlieb
Discounts on Live and OnDemand advanced Trainings
All for Only $9/month!
(Find your discount code in your membership course.)
Program Abstract/ Program Description
When we were trained in EMDR therapy, we were told to say, "Go with that," and everything will change. While EMDR therapy is amazingly effective, it is often not quite that simple. Sometimes our clients' processing stops, and we don't know why. What to Do when "Go with that" Does not Work: Clinical Choice Points is an advanced course for fully trained EMDR therapy clinicians to explore three specific issues that block reprocessing: blocking beliefs, feeder memories, and ecological appropriateness. In this two hour course, Michelle Gottlieb, PsyD, and Deborah Silveria, PhD, explain these concepts with research and case examples, and identify techniques and strategies to help clients through these blocks.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify blocking beliefs and at least one accompanying strategy to overcome them for successful reprocessing.
2. Identify feeder memories and at least one accompanying strategy to overcome them for successful reprocessing.
3. Identify ecological appropriateness and at least one accompanying strategy to overcome it for successful reprocessing.
EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) CEs
- The American Psychological Association (APA). CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP. Expires 3/31/2025.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-174-0225. Expires 02-2025.
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- New York Mental Health Practitioners Board. CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0260.
- New York Psychology Board. CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0211.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024. Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.